Internationally renowned barista training, coffee & cafe consultancy from Emma Markland-Webster. Monster Trucks ltd or Coffee & Things is all about the coffee – from seed & harvest, roasting & blending to the liquid gold in the cup. Grow your business with one of New Zealand’s most experienced & no nonsense coffee educators.
COFFEE EVENTS: national, regional & in-house barista, cup-tasting, latte art championships
BARISTA TRAINING: national, regional, coffee-company & domestic barista training
CAFE CONSULTANCY: candid assessment of current systems & offer, solutions to meet your market with great coffee & service
SYSTEMS: grow sales by serving the best cup, serving it consistently & fostering knowledge internally
TRENDS & THE FUTURE: an experienced overview of all brewing methods – from pour-over to AeroPress, Single Origin vs Blend & looking ahead to the future of coffee.
Fifteen years experience in the coffee industry. Passionate, driven & highly networked both domestically & abroad about all things coffee! A proven communicator & trainer to hundreds of baristas.
- NZ’s first Barista Champion 2001
- World Barista Championship 2002 Oslo – ranked 5th
- Atomic Coffee Roasters training & standards manager – 2003 to 2011
- World Barista Championship Certified Judge – 2003 to present
- Founder member of NZ Coffee Roasters’ Association – Est 2005
- NZ Barista Championship – event organiser/manager 2007 to present
- World Coffee Events Instructional Design Committee Chair & active committee member 2009 to present
- NZ Cup Tasting Championship – event organiser 2010 to present